Friday, September 18, 2009

Jet-lag Blues

I checked into my hotel early afternoon on the 9th, took a nap and then went out to explore the city and sniff out a restaurant. When I got back to the hotel, I punched the button on the elevator near the reception desk. I'm not sure how long I stood there thinking, "Wow, they really keep these glass elevator doors clean" before I realized the door (NOT glass) was actually open. I just hope nobody saw me standing there like a slack-jawed buffoon.
The other sign that it took me a while to get over my jet-lag (that's my story): during the hop-on, hop-off bus tour I took on my first full day, I spotted an interesting-looking statue off in the distance. As I got closer, I realized it was a closed table umbrella at an outdoor cafe. Hey, anyone would have thought looked like a nun from a distance! I decided against taking a photo, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment